Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Course: Dessert
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 35 chocolate wafer cookies, ground
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the crust, place the white chocolate and butter in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until melted. Remove from the heat and add the cookie crumbs, mixing well to combine. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake 10 minutes to allow crust to set. Remove from the oven.
- For the filling, bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and flour in a bowl. Slowly pour half of the hot milk into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly until combined then add the remaining milk. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Once at a boil continue to whisk and cook until thickened, 1 minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and immediately press a piece of plastic wrap right onto the filling to prevent a skin from forming. Allow to come to room temperature then chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the glaze, place the semisweet chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Remove the plastic wrap from the top of the filling and immediately pour the glaze directly onto the filling. Working quickly tilt the pan to cover the filling evenly with the glaze. Chill 1 hour before slicing.