- 1 1/2 pounds pumpkin, cut into 1-inch pieces, about 3 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the pumpkin and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large bowl. Arrange pumpkin on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until the pumpkin is tender, 20-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add 1/2 of the chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 7-8 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Return the skillet to the heat; add the remaining chicken and repeat.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in the sugar and curry paste; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Pour in the coconut milk; bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened 3 minutes. Add the reserved pumpkin and chicken and cook until hot, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions, fish sauce, lime zest and salt. Serve over rice and sprinkled with peanuts.
- Course: Entrée