For the Pimento Cheese:
6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
3 ounces spreadable goat cheese
3 tablespoons drained diced pimentos
For the Hollandaise:
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
For the Eggs Benedict:
4 English muffins, split
6 ounces sliced country ham
8 large eggs
1/4 cup sliced scallions, or chives
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- To make the pimento cheese: In the bowl of a food processor, combine the Cheddar cheese, goat cheese, and pimentos and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- To make the Hollandaise: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Meanwhile, in the jar of a blender, combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, and salt, blending on medium speed until the mixture lightens, 20 or 30 seconds.
- With the blender on the slowest setting, slowly add the butter through the lid insert, blending until the butter is fully incorporated. Add more lemon juice or salt to taste or, if the Hollandaise is too thick, a little warm water. Set aside, covered, in a warm spot (near the stovetop, for example).
- To make the Eggs Benedict: Arrange the muffins, cut side up, on a baking sheet and bake until browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Set aside, loosely covered to keep warm.
- While the muffins are toasting, prepare a large, wide bowl of warm water and set aside.
- In an Anolon Advanced Umber 12-Inch Covered Deep Skillet, bring at least 2 inches of water to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. One at a time, crack the eggs into a small cup or bowl, then gently slip them into the water, spacing the eggs slightly apart. Let each cook about 3 minutes for soft yolks, then use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to the bowl of warm water.
- To serve, spread the cheese mixture onto the warm muffins and arrange on plates or a platter. Top with the ham, eggs, Hollandaise, and scallions and serve.
- Yield: 8 benedicts (4 Servings)
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Entrée