- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups white all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2/3 cup organic canola oil, plus a little more for the pan
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange oil
- finely grated zest of 2 medium oranges, (organic is best)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, (see tips)
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Thoroughly oil a 12-cup bundt pan or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a wire mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Add the whole wheat pastry flour, white flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and sugar to the strainer and sift into the bowl. Stir with a wire whisk.
- Add the oil, orange juice, vinegar, vanilla extract, orange oil and orange zest to a separate medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until the batter is smooth. Stir the dried cranberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan. The pan will be about 2/3 full. Rotate the pan to level the batter and tap it lightly on the counter to pop some of the air bubbles.
- Bake 40 to 43 minutes, or until the cake is lightly browned and a tester inserted in a few spots near the center is clean or holding just a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack 5 or 6 minutes. Carefully run the tip of a small thin knife between the top of the cake and the pan. Place another wire rack on top of the cake and invert. Wait 1 to 2 minutes and lift the pan from the cake. Cool the cake completely before serving.