- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Cook penne according to package directions; drain.
- Combine the chicken and 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high and add 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil; swirling until the butter melts. Add 1/2 of the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the remaining chicken to the skillet and repeat.
- Return the skillet to the stove over medium heat and add melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook until crisp-tender, 5-6 minutes. Pour in the wine, bring to a boil and cook until mostly evaporated, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning and cook 30 seconds. Add the heavy cream and tomato paste; bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Add the reserved penne and chicken; cook, tossing, until hot, 2 minutes.