- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 8 ounces oyster mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- Make the crepes: combine the flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Combine the eggs, milk and butter in a separate bowl. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Let the batter stand at least 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat an Anolon® Advanced Umber 9 1/2” nonstick crepe pan over medium. Whisk the batter gently and pour 1/4 cup into the pan, tilting in all directions to evenly cover the bottom. Cook until the underside of the crepe is lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the crepe over and cook 20 seconds longer. Transfer to a large plate and repeat with the remaining batter. (The crepes may be made up to two days in advance).
- For the filling: melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large Anolon® Advanced Umber nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the butter foam subsides add the onion, mushrooms, thyme and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have softened, about 7-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and continue to cook until the mushrooms have browned, about 15-17 minute. Stir in the arugula and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Return the skillet to the stove and melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly pour in the heavy cream while stirring and cook until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the mushroom mixture and cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- To assemble: place a crepe on a work surface and spoon some of the mushroom mixture across the lower third. Roll the crepe up jellyroll style and repeat with the remaining crepes and filling. Serve warm or at room temperature.