Crunchy French Toast with Sautéed Bananas
- Yield: 1 Servings
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 slices country style white bread
- Whisk the eggs in a wide shallow bowl with 3 tablespoons water; set aside. Place the crushed corn flakes on a large plate.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in an Anolon Advanced Bronze 12-Inch Skillet over medium heat. Add the banana slices and cook until lightly browned, 2 minutes, turning once. Add the sugar and 2 tablespoons water and stir gently to dissolve sugar. Continue cooking until bananas are tender and the liquid becomes syrupy, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Dip one bread slice in the egg mixture, and let soak 45 seconds, turning once. Remove from egg mixture and lay bread on top of the corn flake crumbs, turning over and pressing lightly to help stick. Move the coated bread to the side of the plate. Repeat process with the remaining bread slice.
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the bread slices and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate, top with the sautéed bananas and drizzle with the brown sugar syrup.