- 1 pound mixed color baby carrots, peeled and stems trimmed to about 1-inch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bring an Anolon® Authority 4-Quart Covered Saucepot of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook until the colors brighten, 1 minute; drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine the coriander seeds, mustard seeds and dill seeds in an Anolon® Authority 8.5-Inch French Skillet over medium heat. Cook, shaking skillet, until the spices are fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3-4 minutes; transfer to a small Anolon® Authority 3 Qt. Covered Saucepan. To the saucepan add the vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and 1 cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture over the carrots and let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Yield: 10-12 Servings
- Course: Side Dish