- 20-25 slider buns
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bones or 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic , about 3 large cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 salt
- Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken and shred.
- In a large skillet melt the butter. Add the garlic, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper. Sauté until the garlic has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add barbecue sauce, water, brown sugar and mustard and mix well.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat with sauce.
- Simmer on low until the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- To assemble sliders, spoon about 2 tablespoons of the BBQ Chipotle Pulled Chicken into each bun. Serve with pickles, chips, jalapeño pepper slices or a salad.
- Yield: 20-25 sliders