Farmer’s Market Chopped Salad
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Salad
- 4 ounces green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces snap sugar peas
- 3 mini cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 radished, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small head lollo rossa lettuce, or other red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook 1 minute. Add the sugar snap peas and cook 1 minute longer. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Cut the sugar snaps across in half and transfer, with the beans, to a large bowl.
- Add the cucumbers, celery, bell pepper, radishes, lettuce, onion, and blue cheese to the bowl with the green beans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, shallots, oil, salt, and pepper; pour over the vegetables and toss well.