- 8 ounces orzo
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, cut from two large ears
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper, (1 medium pepper)
- 2 Persian (mini) cucumbers, diced, about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, 2 ounces
- 1/2 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Bring an Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt. Straining Saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the orzo and cook according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the shallots, lemon juice, lemon zest, capers, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until combined.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, cucumbers and shallot mixture to the saucepan with the drained orzo and stir to combine. Gently stir in the feta cheese, tomatoes and basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.