- 1 cup Farro
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Pine nuts
- 3 ounces sharp provolone cheese, cut into small dice
- 1 plum tomato , seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Cook farro according to package directions; drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add the prosciutto and pine nuts and cook until nuts begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in the farro and cook until hot, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, tomato, basil, vinegar, salt and pepper.