- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 (5-ounce) containers baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 pound mixed sweet mini peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in an Anolon Nonstick Skillet over medium. Add the garlic, onion and dried basil; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7-8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted and very tender, 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat a and stir in the breadcrumbs, Asiago cheese, Romano cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Toss the pepper halves with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place the peppers, cut side up on a shallow Anolon Baking Sheet. Divide the spinach mixture among the pepper halves. Bake in the center of the oven until the peppers are tender and the cheese has melted, 14-15 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Appetizer