Fresh Veggie Sandwich
By: Keith Snow
- Yield: 1 sandwich (1 Servings)
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Lunch
- 1-3 slices Grilled eggplant
- Good extra virgin olive oil, For drizzling
- 1-2 slices Grilled zucchini
- 1-2 slices Grilled bell pepper
- 2 slices Grilled red onion
- 1 Grilled Portobello mushroom cap
- 2 slices Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices Good whole grain bread
- On good whole grain bread or foccacia, layer the vegetables and the cheese, season each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add basil ribbons and drizzle with olive oil.
- Slice sandwich and serve with a side salad and glass of crisp white wine.