- 1 pound Melissa's muscato grapesEntrée
- 8 dried chile de arbol chiles, seeded
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices firm white bread
- 18 ounces Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Place the grapes in a 3 quart Anolon Advanced Umber saucepan and mash to release juices. Add the chiles, sugar, lime juice, cayenne pepper and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to 3/4 cup, about 53-55 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place 6 slices of bread on a work surface and top each with 1 1/2 ounces of cheese. Spread each with a rounded tablespoon of the grape-chile jam and top each with remaining the cheese. Top with the remaining slices bread. Spread the outside of each sandwich with the butter.
- Heat a large Anolon Advanced Umber Deep Skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 sandwiches and cover the pan. Cook, turning once or twice, until the cheese has melted and the outside of each sandwich is golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Let stand 1 minute before cutting sandwiches.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Entrée