How to Cook Korean Kalbi with Skirt Steak
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds skirt steak
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, green onion, sugar, oil, ginger, sesame seeds and pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add the steak, turning to coat, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Wipe excess marinade from steak and place on pan. Cook, turning once, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before cutting diagonally across the grain into ¼-inch slices.