- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 lime , zested
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix gingersnap cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into 9 inch pie dish.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice and lime zest till smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once pie has cooled, refrigerate till ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries.
- Yield: 1 9-inch pie (12 Servings)
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert