- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm wate
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until just combined—dough will be shaggy. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 12-20 hours.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and line a bowl with a piece of parchment paper. Fold dough a few times to form into rough ball and place onto the parchment paper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 2 hours.
- During the final 30 minutes of the resting period, place a covered heavy bottomed pot—like an Anolon Vesta Cast Iron Dutch Oven—in the oven and preheat to 450° F.
- Using the parchment paper to carry the dough, transfer the dough while still on the parchment, into the hot pot, cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on rack before cutting.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Side Dish