- 12 small Yukon gold potatoes, about 2 1/4-2 1/2-inches long, 2 pounds, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup+ 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut slices across the potato, every 1/4-inch, that go nearly to—but not through—the bottom. Brush the potatoes with the oil then season with the oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a Farberware 11x17-Inch Baking Sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes. At this point, the layers will start separating, Remove pan from the oven and gently nudge slices to help them separate if necessary. Return to the oven and bake 8-10 minutes longer, until the potatoes are crispy on the edges and easily pierced in the centers with the tip of a sharp knife. Sprinkle the tops of the potatoes with 1/2 cup of the cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them stand 5 minutes. Top each with sour cream, bacon, scallion and the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.