- 3 cups clam juice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) cooked lobster meat , cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the clam juice and chicken broth in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a gentle simmer.
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or similar shape pan oven over medium heat. Add the onion, fennel, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 4-5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour in the vermouth; cook, stirring, until the liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the hot broth and cook, stirring constantly, until the broth is almost completely absorbed, about 2-3 minutes. Continue cooking and adding broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and letting liquid be absorbed before adding the next addition, until the rice is creamy but still slightly toothy, about 18-20 minutes. Add the tarragon and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the lobster meat and cheese; cook until lobster is warm and the cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the pepper. Serve immediately.