(No-Machine) Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Yield: 2 quarts (16 Servings)
- Course: Dessert
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy creama
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- For Garnish Grahama crackers, crumbled (optional)
- Combine the milk, cream, sugar, maple syrup, molasses, vanilla extract and salt in a metal bowl. Whisk vigorously until the sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in the pumpkin and spice until well combined.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 45 minutes. Remove from the freezer and whisk to break up the frozen bits. Return to the freezer and freeze 30 minutes. With an electric hand mixer, beat on medium speed to break up the frozen bits, scraping down the sides as needed. Return to the freezer; beat with the mixer every 30 minutes until the ice cream is completely frozen, about 3-3 1/2 hours.