- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only,chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 8 leaves fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cedar planks, soaked at least 1 hour
- 4 salmon filets, (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook 6-8 minutes, tossing occasionally, until it begins to turn light golden brown on the edges. Add the leek and continue to cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the tomato, basil, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to about 350ºF. While the grill heats, place on salmon filet, skin-side down, on each cedar plank. In a small bowl, mix the mustard and maple syrup. Brush the mustard over the salmon. Transfer the cedar planks to the grill and cook covered for 12-15 minutes or until cooked to your preferred level on doneness. (Keep a spritz bottle of water nearby in case the edges of the cedar planks begin to catch fire.)
- To serve, spoon the corn and basil relish over the salmon filets.