- 1 (6.5 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup green salad olived, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 long loaf Italian or French bread,
- 1 cup shredded iceburg lettuce
- 3 ounces deli-sliced sopressata
- 3 ounces deli-sliced turkey breast
- 3 ounces deli-sliced Genoa salami
- 3 ounces deli-sliced mortadella
- 2 ounces deli-sliced pepperoni
- 5 ounces deli-sliced provolone cheese
- Combine the artichoke hearts, olives, basil, vinegar, oil and pepper flakes in a bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Just before assembling the sandwich, drain the olive mixture and reserve the liquid.
- Scoop out some of the doughy part of the bread and discard or reserve for another use. Brush the cut side of the bread with the reserved olive salad liquid. Spread 1/2 of the olive mixture on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the lettuce, sopressata, turkey breast, salami, mortadella, pepperoni and provolone cheese. Spread the remaining olive mixture over the cheese and close the sandwich. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Unwrap the sandwich and cut into 2-inch wide slices to serve.