- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10.5 ounces (1 bag) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, e.g. Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate or white chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Prepare a 9x13" pan by lightly greasing with oil or butter. Line the pan with parchment paper and an additional light coating of oil or butter.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add in mini marshmallows and stir continuously until melted.
- Add vanilla extract, chocolate-hazelnut spread and a pinch of salt, stirring to combine.
- Mix in cereal, until all cereal is coated, and then press mixture into an even layer in the 9x13” pan. (Tip: to prevent cereal from sticking to your hands, coat your hands with a light layer of oil or butter before pressing the mixture into the pan.)
- Set aside pan aside to allow treats to firm up and then cut into squares.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over treats. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Course: Dessert