- 6 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- grated zest from 1 orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, sugars and orange zest until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chunks. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop or spoon into 1 1/2 inch balls on parchment lined baking sheets several inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Cool and remove from baking sheets.