- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 8 small zucchini (about 1/4-inch thick), halved lengthwise, slivced about 1/4-inch thick, halved lengthwise
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 slice prosciutto , (about 1/2 ounce), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 ounce smoked mozzarella, sliced
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the foam subsides add the zucchini slices and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Lightly beat the eggs, chives, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt the remaining 2 teaspoons butter in the skillet over medium heat. When the foam subsides, pour in the egg mixture. Using a silicone spatula, push the cooked egg towards the center, tilting skillet in a circular motion to allow uncooked egg to flow to the outside. Cook 3-4 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny. Flip the omelet and top one half with the cheese, reserved zucchini slices, and prosciutto. Cover the skillet and cook 1 minute. Fold the plain half of the omelet over the filling; slide onto a plate and serve.