- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 Andouille sausage links, cut into 1/4
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In an Anolon Advanced Bronze 12-inch Covered Deep Skillet, fill halfway with water and cook orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove over medium-high heat and cook sausage until browned. Transfer the Andouille to a plate, leaving remaining oil in the skillet. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until opaque, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate with sausage.
- Return skillet to stove and turn heat down to medium. Melt butter and cook garlic and onion for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle over the flour and whisk for 1 minute. While continuing to whisk, add broth, half and half, and Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer on low until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add corn and parsley and stir until corn is warmed through.
- Add the orzo back to the skillet with shrimp and sausage stir to combine. Serve immediately.