- 12 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- Bring an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Luxe Onyx Casserole Pan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. During the last minute of cooking add the asparagus and peas (if using fresh peas add them during the last 3 minutes). Drain and reserve.
- Heat the oil in an Anolon Vesta Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and crushed red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes longer. Add the reserved pasta and vegetables and cook, tossing, until heated through about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and salt. Divide among 4 bowls and top each with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Side Dish