- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets, about 1-inch thick and a total weight of about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Film a baking dish with about 1/3 of the olive oil.
- Season the fillets on both sides with the salt and pepper and place them in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with another 1/3 of the olive oil and put the baking dish in the oven. Roast the steaks until they are opaque and flake easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle on the lemon juice and the remaining olive oil, then sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dinner