- 2 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp chives or green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 5 sheets spring roll pastry , (or 20 won ton wraps)
- 20 oysters, freshly shucked
- Peanut or canola oi, for brushing
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tsp palm (or regular) sugar
- 1-2 tsp sweet chili sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the dipping sauce ingredients together in small bowl to dissolve sugar and set aside.
- Combine the ginger, coriander, chives and juice in a small bowl.
- Lay out a sheet of spring roll wrap and cut into 4 or lay out a won ton wrap. (Keep the remainder of the pastry, covered, under a clean damp tea towel while working to prevent drying out.)
- Place an oyster on the centre of each and top with a little of the ginger mixture.
- Brush edges with water and wrap as for a spring roll. Place, seam side down, on a lightly oiled or lined baking tray and brush lightly with oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.