- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound bone-in chicken legs and/or thighs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 bunch radishes, quartered
- 2 leeks, cut into 2-inch segments and split lengthwise
- 8 rainbow carrots, sliced
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 serrano chili pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in an Anolon Accolade 12" Skillet over medium heat; add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining radishes, leeks, and carrots.
- Combine 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, half of the minced garlic, and the remaining olive oil to form a thick paste; spread over the chicken skin. Return the chicken pieces to the pan, placing them on top of the vegetables, skin-side up. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- While the chicken roasts, prepare the salsa verde by combining the tomatillos, serrano chili pepper, lime juice, remaining cilantro, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve the salsa alongside the chicken and vegetables.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Entrée