- Fresh corn kernels, from 6 ears
- 2 tablespoons Brookfarm Premium Macadamia Oil
- 2 green onions (white part only), chopped
- 1 stalk lemon grass (white part only), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- White oepper, sea salt and lemon juice, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or salted water
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon medium dry sherry, optional
- Murrumbooee Bush Pepper and Salt Blend
- 1 tablespoon truffle mustard
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- Shaved Australian black truffles
- For Corn Shooters:
- Place kernels from 1 ear corn in a blender with 2-3 tablespoons of water (enough to make a soup consistency) and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and lemongrass and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the remaining corn and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer 4-5 minutes. Using an immersion blender or blender, process the mixture until as smooth as desired. Return to the pan, add corn “juice” and buttermilk, reheat and season to taste.
- For Pea Shooters:
- Bring the broth to the boil in a saucepan and add the peas with one mint sprig. Simmer for 1 minute or until just tender, but still bright green.
- Drain, reserving the liquid, and transfer to blender. Add the milk, vinegar, sherry and a couple of fresh mint leaves to the peas and puree, adding a little of the reserved liquid if necessary to bring to a desired consistency.
- Return to saucepan, season to taste and reheat.
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Cuisine: Australian
- Course: Appetizer