- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Dessert
- 1 1/4 pound ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon, juice
- 3/4 cup Prosecco sparkling wine
- Combine the peaches, sugar, nectar, and lemon juice in a blender and puree. Strain into a bowl through a wire mesh sieve and discard any solids.
- Stir the Prosecco into the peach mixture and pour into a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze until mixture is beginning to freeze at the edges, about 2 hours. Stir, with a fork, re-cover, and freeze until solid, about 3 hours, scraping with a fork every hour. To serve, scrape into soft clumps with a fork. Spoon granita into chilled glasses or bowls.