- 1 baguette, 12 ounces, cut diagonally into 36 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 9 slices uncured bacon, each cut into 4 pieces
- 4 medium firm pears, , halved, cored and each cut into 24 slices
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 36 medium fresh sage leaves
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the bread in a single layer on a large Anolon Advanced Baking Sheet and brush the top with 4 teaspoons of the oil. Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Cook the bacon in a large nonstick Anolon Accolade Skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 7-8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towel and drain.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F. Toss the pear slices with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt. Arrange in a single layer on 2 large shallow baking sheets that have been lightly oil. Place one baking sheet in the oven and roast pear slices until tender, 9-10 minutes. Repeat with remaining baking sheet. Cool.
- Heat the canola oil in a small skillet over medium until very hot but not smoking. Add several sage leaves at a time and cook 5-10 seconds until crisp. Immediately transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and repeat with remaining sage leaves.
- To assemble, spread ricotta over the top of each toasted bread. Top with a slice of pear, a piece of bacon and a second slice of pear. Place a small dollop of ricotta one end, top with the sage leaves and serve.