- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt, divided
- 2 (1-pound) porterhouse steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Combine the 4 tablespoons of the butter, chives, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Transfer butter to sheet of plastic wrap. Roll the butter into 1 1/4-inch-diameter log, wrapping tightly in the plastic. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 20 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Rub the steaks with the pepper and sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the steaks and cook, turning 3 times, until browned and medium-rare, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer steaks to a serving platter and top with chive butter.
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Entrée