- 2 6-8 ounce filet mignon, cut 2
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and allow to rest on counter for a half hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and move oven rack in center position.
- Place oven-safe grill pan on cooktop. Turn heat to high and allow pan to heat for two-three minutes. The key to making a steak with a crispy seared outside is a hot pan.
- While pan heats, sprinkle both sides of filet mignon with salt and pepper. Turn heat down to medium/high, add ghee or olive oil to hot pan. Carefully add steaks to grill pan.
- Cook steak until a brown crust is established (about five minutes). Use tongs to turn steaks. Sear second side and then place pan in oven. Cook in oven for 5-9 minutes depending on the thickness of your steaks.
- Remove pan from oven, place ½ a tablespoon of butter on each steak and allow steaks to ‘rest’ for five minutes. Garnish with chives and serve.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Course: Entrée