- 8 chicken thighs, about 3 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils (seeds), optional garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Toss the chicken with the oil. Place it on a nonstick sheet pan and season on both sides with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Roast in the center of the oven until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part (not touching the bone) registers 170°F.
3. Meanwhile, combine the pomegranate juice, honey, cayenne pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is thick and syrupy, about 13-14 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the chicken to the skillet. Turn it to coat with the glaze and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter and spoon the glaze remaining in the skillet over the chicken. Garnish with the pomegranate arils and parsley if desired.