- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 thin cut sirloin pork cutlets, about 1 - 1 1/4 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Make the salsa: combine the onion, bell peppers, cilantro, juice, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Make the chops: Combine the flour and garlic powder on a plate. Place the eggs in a large bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Place the bread crumbs on a separate large plate. Season the cutlets with the salt and pepper. Working with one cutlet at a time, coat the pork with flour, shaking off excess. Next, dip it into the egg mixture to coat, again shaking off the excess; then dredge in the bread crumbs and set on a separate plate. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add pork cutlets and cook until golden and cooked through, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to serving plates and top each with the salsa.