Pumpkin-White Chocolate Bread Pudding
By: Ingrid Gangestad
- Yield: 9 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Course: Dessert
- 6 cups stale bread cubes
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter 8-inch square baking pan. Place half the bread cubes, chocolate chips and cranberries in pan; repeat layers.
- In large bowl, whisk together half-and-half, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Pour over bread mixture.
- Place bread pudding pan in bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan; place in middle rack of oven. Fill larger pan halfway with boiling water. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.