- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg (white & yolk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- In a blender, grind the first 4 ingredients until finely ground. With mixer, beat he butter and sugar together until light. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour mixture.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll ½ the dough into a 7”x10” rectangle. Repeat with the remaining dough. Chill flat for 1 hour.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator. Remove the top piece of waxed paper and spread evenly ¼ cup of the raspberry preserves over each dough rectangle. Roll into a cylinder, jellyroll fashion.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice the dough cylinders into ¼” thick rounds. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.