Reuben Burgers on Pretzel Rolls
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Entrée
- 1/3 cup mayonnaisea
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pretzel hamburger rolls, split
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, about 2 ounces
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Combine the beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and gently mix, taking care to not overwork the meat. Form into 4 (3/4-inch thick) patties and use the back of a spoon to lightly press a ¼-inch deep indentation on the top of each patty. (This help[s the patty cook evenly and not puff up in the center).
- Spread the cut sides of each roll with the butter. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add 2 of the rolls, cut side down, and cook until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining 2 rolls; place the bottom half of each on each of 4 plates.
- Add the patties to the skillet and cook 6 minutes. Turn the patties and top each with 1/4 cup sauerkraut; cook 3 minutes. Place one slice of cheese over sauerkraut on each burger; cover the skillet and cook until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Remove burgers from the skillet and place on the roll bottoms. Spread the cut side of the top halves of the rolls with the mayonnaise mixture then set on top of burgers.