Ricotta, Basil, Sun-Dried Tomato and Crispy Prosciutto Tea Sandwiches
16 tea sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons +1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 thin slices prosciutto , about 5 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large sourdough boule, cut into 16 slices
- 16 large fresh basil leaves, (plus extra if needed)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a Anolon Advanced Nonstick Skillet over medium heat. Add 2 slices of prosciutto and cook, turning once, until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Add two more pieces of prosciutto, again cook until crisp, about 2 minutes per side; transfer to the baking sheet and repeat with remaining prosciutto.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, cheese and salt in a medium bowl.
- Trim the crusts from the bread to make rectangular slices. Place 8 slices on your work surface and spread the top of each with the ricotta mixture. Top with 1 slice of the crisped prosciutto. Cut the remaining two pieces of prosciutto to fill in so that the ricotta is completely covered. Arrange the basil on top of the ricotta, again to completely cover. Top with the remaining slices of trimmed bread. Cut each sandwich in half lengthwise to form 16 long, thin sandwiches.