- 2 large heads cauliflower, cut into florets, about 16 cups
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°F; place one oven rack in the lower third and one in the upper third of the oven. Lightly oil two large shallow baking sheet pans.
- Combine the cauliflower, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss well and place on the prepared pans. Roast 10 minutes; toss the cauliflower, rotate the pans and bake 10 minutes longer. Stir again and cook until the cauliflower is lightly browned and fork tender, about another 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the topping. Melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until it just begins to turn golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the bread crumbs and cook until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool 5 minutes and stir in the cheese and basil. Sprinkle mixture over cauliflower and serve.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish