- 4 ounces smoked slab bacon, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 5 garlic cloves, cracked
- 2 pounds red creamer or small red potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate covered with paper towel; reserve. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the garlic and discard. Place the potatoes in a bowl and pour the fat over them. Add the paprika, salt and pepper and toss well to coat the potatoes. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes, tossing every 10 minutes, until tender and browned, 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir in the reserved bacon and serve.