Rodeo Burger with Barbecue Sauce and Bacon
4 burgers (4 Servings)
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls, split
- 4 small leaves red or green leaf lettuce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 6 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- Gently shape the beef into four patties about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or a grill pan over medium heat until hot. Cook the patties to desired doneness, about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare. During the last minute of cooking time, top each patty with a slice of cheese and cover the pan to help melt the cheese.
- Set the patties aside to rest. Meanwhile, place the buns cut side down in the skillet or grill pan to slightly toast them, about 1 minute.
- Place the bun bottoms on plates or a platter. Top with the lettuce, bacon, patties, barbecue sauce, scallions, and bun tops and serve.