- racks of lamb
- 1/2 lemon, Zest
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp soft goat cheese (or try 100g Brie or Camembert), sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, white part only sliced
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz baby spinach leaves, (about 3-4 handfuls)
- Season the racks of lamb with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan or barbecue to medium high and brush oil. Sear the lamb for 2 minutes on each side to brown.
- Place racks on a plate and allow to rest until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine filling ingredients and mix well.
- Cut racks into individual chops. Using a small sharp knife cut a slit, width ways, into sides of each chop to about ½ inch from bone. Open out like a butterfly and place a spoon of the cheese mixture on one side, then fold over the other side to enclose.
- Lay chops on a lined baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked as desired and the cheese is melting. (They can also be cooked on the grill for 1-2 minutes each side.)
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook shallot until golden brown. Add the spring onion, mushrooms and a tablespoon of water or wine, and cook until mushrooms are just tender.
- Add the spinach, cover and cook just until wilted. Mix together, season to taste and keep warm.
- Serve the chops over the spinach and mushrooms with some lemon wedges and bread on the side.