- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced or forced through a press
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a 7 1/2 quart Anolon® Advanced Umber stockpot up halfway with cold water. Bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a fork inserts into a potato chunk easily.
- Drain the potatoes and place back in the stockpot to dry out from the residual heat of the pan.
- While the potatoes are drying, place the olive oil and garlic in a 1 1/2 quart Anolon® Advanced Umber saucepan. Heat the olive oil on medium high heat, until the garlic starts to sizzle and smell fragrant, about a minute. Before the garlic turns brown stir in the rosemary leaves and cook for 15 seconds more.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cream to the oil and heat until small bubbles form on the side of the pan. Do not let boil. Remove from heat and cover the pan to keep warm.
- Take the potatoes and force them through a ricer or use a manual potato masher or fork to mash the potatoes. Add the garlic rosemary cream and stir in. If you prefer your potatoes more creamy, warm up the additional 1/2 cup of cream and add it as well. Taste and season with salt and pepper.