Sautéed Green Beans with Bacon
By: Tonia Larson
- 4 slices bacon
- 16 ounces fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- French fried onions
- Fry the slices of bacon in a sauté pan.
- Remove the bacon to drain and crumble it when it cools.
- Add the green beans to the bacon skillet. Cook in the bacon grease, over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add the water and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Cover the sauté pan leaving a crack for the steam to escape. Cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top the green beans with bacon bits and French fried onions.