- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12-14 ounces large sea scallops , 3-4 per person
- 1/4 cup chardonnay
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup wild or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shelled peas
- micro greens or snow pea shoots, to garnish
- Place half the corn in a blender with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water or wine, and puree until smooth.
- Place in a saucepan and gently heat until just simmering and hot. Remove from heat, season to taste, cover and keep warm.
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof pan over medium high heat and add the scallops. Cook for 20-30 seconds each side to just brown, add the wine and lemon zest and transfer to a medium oven for 5 minutes or until plump and tender
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the shallot for 1 minute, add the mushrooms and cook 1-2 minutes or until just softening. Add the peas and corn, then cook, stirring for 2 minutes until tender crisp.
- Spoon corn puree onto hot plates top with the vegetables and scallops and spoon over the wine sauce. Garnish with micro greens.