- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, about 4 large
- 3/4 cup pitted mixed olives, green, Kalamata, Nicoise or other
- 1/4 cup cut-up oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound absolutely fresh tuna steaks, (3/4 to 1-inch thick)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Slice potatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices; stir into oil mixture until coated. Place potatoes in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes, turning potatoes halfway through baking, or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in bowl of food processor, pulse olives, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil until finely chopped; set aside. (Cover and chill up to 1 day before serving.)
- Heat vegetable oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Pat tuna dry with paper towel. Sprinkle both sides generously with pepper. Sear tuna until browned on both sides but still pink inside, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Slice tuna into 24 (1/4-inch thick) slices. Place one slice on each potato round. Spoon a heaping teaspoon tapenade over each piece of tuna. Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired.